Saturday, January 2, 2010

Busy! So Busy!

For me, 2009 has been some year…….busy! So busy! Most of my busyness - which was good and right to do - had not been planned but had come up and had to be put on my life’s schedule.

As I have written before, I take great joy in keeping my home and also accomplishing my added artistic outlets here. This particular year my “normal life” has suffered while I was so busy.
In much of 2009 I was so consumed with everything else that I had no time to think even in general. If I ever did think too much about how my normal life was falling to the wayside, I would end up having great peace even though living in a mild version of chaos.

“But godliness with contentment is great gain.” 1Timothy 6:6

Every now and then I was blessed with a big chunk of a day---or even a whole day where I was home and able to clean and organize my life again. I never became entirely finished, and I was never able to get ahead, but I was able to accomplish enough for me to feel confident and comfortable before I would leave the house again.

Throughout everything that has transpired I felt comforted knowing the LORD was not surprised at the busyness of my year. He carried me through it and has lovingly given me His peace even in my mild version of chaos.

What does 2010 hold for me? I have learned, and I now truly know, that “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.” May you also seek His face in all that you do.

“But you, man [woman] of God, flee from all this [many griefs-- verse10] , and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance, and gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses. In the sight of God, who gives life to everything, and of Christ Jesus, who while testifying before Pontius Pilate made a good confession, I charge you to keep this command without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which God will bring about in His own time----God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To Him be honor and might forever. Amen.” 1Timothy 6:11-16

No comments: