Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Rise up and Stand Firm in Him


My sisters in Christ…
 
After four years of this presidency,  here we are again in what we feared  -- only now we understand a bit more of what we actually do fear.
 
First and foremost, I want you all to remember that our God, the God of the Bible, the God of the universe, is still on the throne.  He is not surprised, He is not upset, He is not wringing His hands in panic.  Our God is working out His plans.  Because of the Bible we already know He wins in the end and so we can find great comfort in knowing that, ultimately, Jesus will return and victory will be His cry.
 
Rest assured that God’s victory is at hand!
 
Today may be a difficult day for you in sadness or fear of what has happened or what will come.  I completely understand and so I want to encourage you as this day, this week, this life continues.
 
First of all, we cannot trust Man.  Even though the worst case for president was voted in (and many other worst cases also), we must remember that Men cannot save us, and neither are they really in control. 
 
God is in control, and He sovereignly allows things to happen for His plans.  His plans are what we truly desire.   We can live for Him by continuing to do “next things” to glorify Him no matter what is happening in our country or the world.
 
Secondly, I want to share how God has met me right where I am in my agony.  He will do this for you also.
 
As I have contemplated the election and prayed, full of fear, I realized that we personally have already been through great, fearful traumas and God has been our strength at every moment. 
 
As I evaluated our country’s situation, I realized that for me, losing one’s children to deception and sin is far greater  than this sinful country and its leaders, or even what may come.  As for me,  I would rather know my children walk in God’s truth and that they truly love me.
 
We have dealt with this great trauma and enormous pain, which continues throughout each day, with God as our comfort and strength.  Although our personal situation has brought great fear and sadness into our lives,  God, full of His grace and mercy, has met us every single day for more than eleven years.  He has provided for us in so many ways, and  lifted our heads in our great sorrow so we can rise above this terrible storm and do “next things” for Him, which would be impossible without Him.
 
As our country and our people slip farther into hopelessness, we can be His light for a lost and discouraged world.  As you run to Him throughout your days, you will draw closer to Him and He will draw closer to you.  You will find your strength comes from Him no matter what is happening around you.  You will run to Him more naturally as time goes by  – and to be closer to Him is just what we truly desire.
 
May you be blessed today knowing God hears your cries and will comfort you where you are so that you will be able to rise up and stand firm in Him.  He hears you, He sees you.
 
Psalm 20:7-9

No comments: