Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Romans 8:28 Marriage


Excerpts from Shari at "But who do you say I am?"    I encourage you to view her whole post:

My husband and I [Shari] just celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary. To remain married that long is indeed an accomplishment to be celebrated these days as sadly, so many marriages end in divorce. We truly must have had a marriage made in heaven…right?

I wish I could say that. At least it certainly did not begin that way, nearly ending in divorce after only ten years. 

Pull up a chair and allow me to share with you why I call our marriage a “Romans 8:28 marriage”.

“And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.” (Romans 8:28)... 


....For years, I prayed for God to change my husband, but nothing seemed to be happening. I was growing frustrated and disheartened by his lack of attention and affection toward me, let alone spiritual leadership. I used control and manipulation to "get even", attempting to b-e-n-d him into the man I needed him to be. Then the Spirit of God urged me to change my prayer to, “Lord, change me”, revealing to me that my critical spirit worked only to drive my husband further away from me and from God.  
God honored that prayer, as I surrendered not only my life, but also my marriage to God, I began to witness small miracles taking place in my marriage. Hard hearts began to soften, defenses were dissolving, and respect was being restored. What the enemy intended for evil, God used for good. And a strange thing was happening; I was falling deeply in love with my husband. 
For God, who said, “Light shall shine out of darkness,” is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. (2 Cor. 4:6)

The Bible promises me that "my God shall supply all my needs", not my husband. It never was his job!  

From a marriage once darkened by sin and selfishness, now shines a Light that comes from the knowledge that through Christ, God truly works all things together for our good and His glory when our affections and desires are toward Him, rather than toward ourselves or the world... 

All glory and power and honor belong to our God!....

----------------------------------

Praising God! Thankful to the LORD for His life changing power! 

In all things cry out to God!

No comments: