Friday, May 31, 2013

Have you heard? Life is short.

Bouquets---I love bouquets, but to this day it is strangely difficult thing for me to go out and cut one for just myself. 

I can cut and give so many bouquets to others and bless them every time.  Why is it so difficult for me to cut one for me?

My little one, years ago, would pick dandelion and wood violet bouquets for me which I would receive with such joy.  But for me to go out and cut a bouquet from my own flowers was too difficult.

One reason could be because I wanted to enjoy the flowers right where they were in the yard.  A second reason could be the bouquets would only last so long and then fade.  But when my child would surprise me with their own selection, I would treasure this bouquet  no matter how long it lasted.

Even to this day I find myself thinking about just leaving the blooms where they are to enjoy them right there.

But Life is too short!   

I remember fondly how my little one would bring me her choice of flowers and then also even as an adult she would cut a spectacular bouquet with great pleasure just for me....and so these memories now can send me running outside to put together one which pales in comparison to hers, but brings her right to my mind and memory. Precious!

Praising God! for life is but a mist! and we must choose to live today! and live it for Him!

You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.
James 4:14b


No comments: