Tuesday, December 22, 2015

But You, O Lord, are a shield about me, My glory, and the One who lifts my head.

“The letter” came with its cult-like fluff written by one of them.  

The situation never leaves us. 

Over and over I give it to the LORD, and He knows and understands my deepest pain. This is my great comfort.

The day after it came I literally went to the LORD every minute, because only He could help me overcome the huge grief, capturing my horrible thoughts. 

Now, I continue to live for Him, and it all "seems" fine, but I am still so very wounded, deep, deep inside.  

I realize that even “if” the situation would ever turn around, things could never, would never be as it should be, as if it was all normal again ~ and so I just continue.  

I want to live and be happy without the constant pain deep inside, but this can never be.  The agony is very real, a living death.  

I know the LORD is using this huge agony, because nothing, no pain is ever wasted by Him.  He knows and understands and it is some how for the good for those who love Him.  

Continuing for Him

Thank you, LORD!

*

As you, my sisters in Christ, find your woundedness too much to handle, I point you to the Only One who can truly be there for you all the time, to lift your heads in your agonies.


Psalm 3
"O Lord, how my adversaries have increased!
Many are rising up against me.
Many are saying of my soul,
“There is no deliverance for him in God.” 

But You, O Lord, are a shield about me,
My glory, and the One who lifts my head.
I was crying to the Lord with my voice,
And He answered me from His holy mountain. 

I lay down and slept;
I awoke, for the Lord sustains me.
I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people
Who have set themselves against me round about.

Arise, O Lord; save me, O my God!
For You have smitten all my enemies on the cheek;
You have shattered the teeth of the wicked.
Salvation belongs to the Lord;

Your blessing be upon Your people! 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the "letter" you received. Weeping with you.

-Carolyn

The Piper's Wife said...

Thank you for your kindness...busy capturing my thoughts, reminding myself "why" I am here. I am here for the LORD. I forget over and over, because the pain is so huge, but then I remember and how the LORD is working in me, and I then put it in the Biblical perspective and live for Him. This is where I am, and He knows it, and He is holding onto me. Praising Him!