Monday, May 9, 2016

I’m sad and sorry, but it isn't about us.


















I am sad, and I am sorry - for myself, but also for you - whoever you are who are suffering in sorrows and agonies.  

The world doesn’t care, or at least it barely does, and even the church forgets about our pain as life goes on.

In some of our circumstances the pain never stops, perhaps only going deeper within us.  Other sorrows do tend to wane as life marches on, but the pain is there.

In my own agonies I have had certain people become so upset FOR me to where they discount their own sadnesses.  But I understand sadness and pain, and I would never discount anyone’s sorrows. 

Pain is pain.  

Compassion is a balm for it.

Because I know agonies, I know I can certainly make it all about “me”, and sometimes it surely seems like it is all about me.

But it isn't all about me.

The LORD God Almighty is my God, and soon enough I remember who He is! and who I am in Him. Thankfully, I realize this truth and seek His face.  This is when “I” become less of what it is all about, and then eventually I can see it rightly.  Yes, I am in pain, but the LORD carries me and He is working.  

It isn't about me, it is all about glorifying the LORD in my agonies

God is working in me, for sure! because I am allowing Him to do so. God is also working in the people who are causing all the sorrows and sadness, and it is their choice to listen to Him. 

Sometimes our sorrows are not caused by others, but are just part of our fallen world.  There is "no one" else for the LORD to work in to change their direction away from sin.  Perhaps our desire is to marry or have children and these desires go unfulfilled.  These are real feelings of loss and sadness. 

You are justified to feel sad, but don't let your agonies define you.

Even so, the LORD can be with you when you are His child.  When you are His, He will never leave you or forsake you.  You are never alone ever again.  No matter what happens in your life He is with you and you can count on Him.

When our pain and sorrows overwhelm us, let us each choose to seek His face.  He counts every tear, He holds us in His hands, He loves us more than we can imagine.  

We need to get into His Word more, fill ourselves up with it.  We need to preach to ourselves who God is and who we are in Him.  We need to remind ourselves that this life is not all about us, but about living our lives to glorify His Name. 

It is about our merciful almighty God.  

Praises to His Name!

Psalm 34
"I will bless the Lord at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul will make its boast in the Lord;
The humble will hear it and rejoice.

O magnify the Lord with me,
And let us exalt His name together.
I sought the Lord, and He answered me,
And delivered me from all my fears.

They looked to Him and were radiant,
And their faces will never be ashamed.
This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him
And saved him out of all his troubles.
The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him,
And rescues them.

O taste and see that the Lord is good;
How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!
O fear the Lord, you His saints;
For to those who fear Him there is no want.

The young lions do lack and suffer hunger;
But they who seek the Lord shall not be in want of any good thing.

Come, you children, listen to me;
I will teach you the fear of the Lord.

Who is the man who desires life
And loves length of days that he may see good?
Keep your tongue from evil
And your lips from speaking deceit.
Depart from evil and do good;
Seek peace and pursue it.

The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous
And His ears are open to their cry.
The face of the Lord is against evildoers,
To cut off the memory of them from the earth.

The righteous cry, and the Lord hears
And delivers them out of all their troubles.

The Lord is near to the brokenhearted
And saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
But the Lord delivers him out of them all.
He keeps all his bones,
Not one of them is broken.

Evil shall slay the wicked,
And those who hate the righteous will be condemned.

The Lord redeems the soul of His servants,
And none of those who take refuge in Him will be condemned.




No comments: