Wednesday, July 6, 2016

LORD! Set them free!

Today I was overwhelmed when I thought of all those individuals who are caught up in legalisms, abuse, drugs, sex, pride, control, greed, arrogance...

I thought of all the mothers, sisters, grandmothers, women who have shared their deepest heartaches with me over these years. 

I cried out for them and I cried out for me.  I know the LORD’s character, and so I know He hears my cries, and that He is working in all these Waywards, but that He is also working in each of us who live in anguish for them.

I thought of so many of the Waywards whom I have prayed for all these years, and I cried out to the LORD!  They are caught in webs of deception, in traps and snares of sins.

Set them free, LORD!  

Confuse their camp and set them free! 

Somehow, set them free!

Psalm 55:9-11
Confuse, O Lord, divide their tongues,
For I have seen violence and strife in the city.

Day and night they go around her upon her walls,
And iniquity and mischief are in her midst.

Destruction is in her midst;

Oppression and deceit do not depart from her streets.

Proverbs 6:1-5
My son, if you have become surety for your neighbor,
Have given a pledge for a stranger,

If you have been snared with the words of your mouth,
Have been caught with the words of your mouth,

Do this then, my son, and deliver yourself;
Since you have come into the hand of your neighbor,
Go, humble yourself, and importune your neighbor.

Give no sleep to your eyes,
Nor slumber to your eyelids;

Deliver yourself like a gazelle from the hunter’s hand
And like a bird from the hand of the fowler.

Proverbs 1
"...Wisdom shouts in the streets!...."

*

Precious mothers, sisters…..I know you are weary!  

But do not become weary, instead, look to the LORD! 

Continue to cry out to Him! He holds you, He comforts you, He sustains you!

Proverbs 15:3 
The eyes of the LORD are in every place, watching the evil and the good.

2 Chronicles 16:9a
For the eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His.

Ephesians 3:20-21
Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18
Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Matthew 19:26
And looking at them Jesus said to them, “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Psalm 73:28
But as for me, the nearness of God is my good;
I have made the Lord God my refuge,
That I may tell of all Your works.

*



No comments: