Saturday, September 2, 2017

Always watching







































Psalm 34:11
"Come, my children, listen to me;
I will teach you the fear of the Lord."

Some one is always watching, especially children. 

We must be aware and choose to be good examples to them.  This gives us great impetus to cry out to God for help in conquering our sins so we do not pass our sins on to others by our bad example. 

I remember the day when I noticed my own child rolling her eyes at her father.  I am ashamed to say that she had learned this sin of disrespect from me.  I was mortified that she had learned this, but mostly, at my own sin which was "reflected" in her.  

I chose to speak with her about it, pointing out how this was unkind, disrespectful, and sinful. I also shared with her that I had made this mistake which was a sin, and that she had learned it from me.

Thankfully, I began the process of unlearning my faults, and rarely sin this way any longer.

Praise the LORD!

Deuteronomy 6:6-9
"These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates."




No comments: