Friday, July 20, 2018

Cleaned and organized once again





















My thread drawer is used a lot and it can get pretty messy after a while.  It is always a joy to sit and reorganize it again.

Years ago I moved to a second drawer my whites, blacks, grays and creams so that everything would fit better. An orange treasure has been in my original drawer for years now. 

When I helped clean out my mother's home 2 decades ago, I discovered the pin cushion I had made for her as a gift when I was very young.  She had kept it as all mother's do---so very sweet.  I had cut out of orange corduroy a simple cat, used embroidery floss (all six strand at once), embroidered the face and collar, and then sewn together the two pieces on the outside with more floss, finishing it with sawdust from my father's workshop.

My mother was a student of each of her children, watching who each of us were, and always aiming to encourage us in what direction we thrived.  I always say that she could tell I was to be an artist in fabric from when I was very young as she often had handwork for me to keep my creative mind busy. What a treasured memory.

Praising the LORD for my precious mother!

Proverbs 1:1-9
"To know wisdom and instruction,

To discern the sayings of understanding,

To receive instruction in wise behavior,

Righteousness, justice and equity;

To give prudence to the naive,

To the youth knowledge and discretion,

A wise man will hear and increase in learning,

And a man of understanding will acquire wise counsel,

To understand a proverb and a figure,

The words of the wise and their riddles.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge;

Fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Hear, my son, your father’s instruction
And do not forsake your mother’s teaching;
Indeed, they are a graceful wreath to your head

And ornaments about your neck."
*


No comments: