Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Recipe Found!







































I am always so organized *sarcasm* and because of this a favorite 
cookie recipe went missing years ago. A very simple recipe 
- Shortbread cookies - so I have tried all sorts of other recipes. 

How different could they be? Even so, we continued to "miss" this 
one recipe we treasured. I eventually got rid of all the other recipes - 
why make any of them if it is not what we like?

I have had this recipe since I was in high school. I had all my credits 
my senior year so I took some electives to fill in the time. One of these 
was a home economics class which had us divide up into groups to 
make meals from favorite family recipes at the end of that quarter. My
favorite recipe was my group's shortbread cookie which was unique to me 
so it has been my tradition all these years until it was lost! 

Last month I found it and just as I remembered it, a very simple recipe:

Debbie L's Shortbread Cookies

2 cups flour
1 cup softened butter
1/2 cup sugar

Mix dough by mixer and hand. 
Make small balls.
Press down with palm. 
Poke with fork.
Bake at 350* 8 to 10 (or more).

*Addendum: I have found it works best to have very warm butter or to melted butter.
I have also found that it always takes 20 or more minutes to bake. Personal preference. 
I sometimes push all the dough into a 8 or 9X13, poke with fork, bake ~25min. , and carefully cut squares through the warm cooked pan  :o)



No comments: