Saturday, February 1, 2020

Wonderful, Marvelous, Spectacular Hands!








































Hands are an important part of our anatomy. Most of the time we all just do whatever needs to be accomplished. Sometimes these things are spectacularly wonderful and other times these things are just simple and down to earth, but still spectacular!

Our Almighty God created our first parents' bodies perfectly. Perfection! A beautiful thought in this now very fallen world.

*Look at your hands right now. Aren't they just wonderful? Aren't they just beautiful?!

I have had many, many elderly women friends in my life. Each of them so very precious to me, some of them were sisters in Christ with bonds no one could sever who were Titus 2 women for me.

I remember the first time I even considered how wonderful our hands were. I was with a precious, dear, elderly sister. She was "my other mom" and I was her "other daughter". What a gift from the LORD she was to me! She was thirty years older than me, and had accomplished much in her life - wonderful, special things. All of it was hard work. Her body showed she had worked and toiled all those years, but what I saw was a beautiful, godly woman. At one visit while we were talking away she commented about her hands.

"Just look at these hands! They are all gnarled with arthritis and so ugly!"

I looked at her, this beautiful woman who loved the LORD so dearly, who loved and encouraged everyone who was in her path all her of life. With tears in my eyes I told her truthfully that her hands were some of the most beautiful hands I had ever seen.

I will never forget that day. How she "huffled and puffed" and then smiled as she knew how much she meant to me. I saw her through the LORD's eyes just as she saw me through His.

What a change the LORD did in me that day!

More than two decades have passed with my own hands becoming gnarly. They hurt and don't work like they use to do, but I can look at them and glorify my Great God! What beautiful hands He has given me!

**Earlier I asked you, dear reader, to look at your hands and asked if they were just wonderful, but now I ask you again to look at your hands and choose to see their great beauty in the LORD. Choose never again to discount yourself or others.

The best Hands of all are our Almighty's!

Psalm 18:35
"You have also given me the shield of 
Your salvation,And Your right hand 
upholds me;And Your gentleness 
makes me great."

Psalm 138:7-8
"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, 
You will revive me;
You will stretch forth Your hand 
against the wrath of my enemies,
And Your right hand will save me
The Lord will accomplish what concerns me;
Your lovingkindness, O Lord, is everlasting;
Do not forsake the works of Your hands."

Psalm 139:10-12
"Even there [anywhere]Your hand will lead me,
And Your right hand will lay hold of me.
If I say, “Surely the darkness will 
overwhelm me, and the light around 
me will be night,"
Even the darkness is not dark to You,
And the night is as bright as the day.
Darkness and light are alike to You."

Psalm 16:7-9
"I will bless the Lord who has counseled me;
Indeed, my mind instructs me in the night.
I have set the Lord continually before me;
Because He is at my right hand, 
I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my 
glory rejoices; My flesh also will dwell securely."

Isaiah 64:8
"O Lord, 
You are our Father,
We are the clay, 
and You our potter;
And all of us are the work of Your hand."

Glory to God!
         *


No comments: