Monday, March 2, 2020

Let your gentleness be evident to all






























In my experience I have found it interesting that you can discern gentle people from rough and unkind people by how they treat animals. 

If they do not take care of their own animal's health, for example, and/or they are rough with their own or other people's animals, they are probably not gentle and kind to people.

The Lesson for today is:  

Be careful with whom you associate.



















Philippians 4:4-9
"Rejoice in the Lord always. 

I will say it again: Rejoice!

Let your gentleness be evident to all. 

The Lord is near.

Do not be anxious about anything, 
but in every situation, by prayer and petition, 
with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

And the peace of God, 
which transcends all understanding, 
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers and sisters, 
whatever is true, 
whatever is noble, 
whatever is right, 
whatever is pure, 
whatever is lovely, 
whatever is admirable
—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy
—think about such things.

Whatever you have learned or received 
or heard from me, or seen in me
—put it into practice. 

And the God of peace will be with you."
*

Reread the "Whatevers" 
and you will find these are all 
attributes of the LORD.  

:o)

1 Peter 1:13-16
Therefore, prepare your minds for action, 
keep sober in spirit, 
fix your hope completely on the grace 
to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

As obedient children, do not be conformed 
to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance,
but like the Holy One who called you, 
be holy yourselves also in all your behavior;
because it is written, 

“You shall be holy, for I am holy.”
*


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely post, Jill. How I love animals! I've had several pets in the past, all of them very much loved! And I agree, how people treat animals says volumes.

Though sadly I now have developed allergies to several animals which means I can't be around most pets... so I have to be a bit "tough" and "standoffish" if someone's happy pup or kitty wants to befriend me. :( Sigh.

Loved the Peanuts and Garfield posts, as well as the one on courage.

-Carolyn

The Piper's Wife said...

Oh, Carolyn, I am so sorry about your allergies.

I appreciate your comments :o)

I have witnessed first hand certain people who have treated their pets rough and uncaring, all the while saying they love them, meanwhile, tearing down, controlling and manipulating all the people which surround them. How many people they have destroyed I do not know. Many people still choose to be used and abused by them, and these followers now have learned cruelty as a way of life to people and animals all the while proclaiming Jesus. The hypocrisy is revolting.

LORD have mercy!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jill!

I've seen (unfortunately) the same kind of people you have. They profess love, but are rough and uncaring to both "man and beast". I agree with you, when you add "professing Jesus" onto it, it is a revolting hypocrisy!

-Carolyn