Monday, February 8, 2021

Jesus lets not one guilty blemish stay!









Jesus' Precious Blood


What sacred fountain yonder springs

Up from the throne of God,

And all new covenant blessings bring?

‘Tis Jesus’ precious blood.


What stream can sweep away

My sins just like a flood,

Nor lets one guilty blemish stay?

’Tis Jesus’ precious blood.


What mighty sum paid all my debt,

When I a bondman stood,

And has my soul at freedom set?

’Tis Jesus’ precious blood.


What stream can sweep away

My sins just like a flood,

Nor lets one guilty blemish stay?

’Tis Jesus’ precious blood.


What voice is that which speaks for me

In heaven’s court for good,

And from the curse has set me free?

’Tis Jesus’ precious blood.


What stream can sweep away

My sins just like a flood,

Nor lets one guilty blemish stay?

’Tis Jesus’ precious blood.


What theme, my soul shall best employ

Thy harp before thy God.

And make all heaven to ring with joy?

’Tis Jesus’ precious blood.


What stream can sweep away

My sins just like a flood,

Nor lets one guilty blemish stay?

’Tis Jesus’ precious blood.

-William J. Irons

*


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill,
This is just beautiful! I don’t not know this particular hymn, but any song about the all sufficient blood of Jesus Christ is worth knowing! Thank you for posting it.

I’ve appreciated the lovely snow and robin pictures, too. I can just imagine the tea party in the van.....a great way to celebrate friendship!
It’s supposed to snow in our area soon and I will be happy - like Snoopy’s picture!

Blessings to you today and every day! Numbers 6:24-26! For Carolyn, too☺️
Nelia

The Piper's Wife said...

Oh, Nelia, this hymn is wonderful. I could not find it, but one spot you would have to join---so forget it.

The "Nor one guilty blemish stay!" was poignant. It practically says it all! I could hardly wait to post it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill & Neila -

AMEN and AMEN to this hymn and to everything you both said. :)

Thank you, Nelia!

-Carolyn
1 John 4:12

The Piper's Wife said...

I've just played this sweet hymn on the piano. It is precious and lovely to play and then have it in your mind.