Thursday, April 14, 2022

Here's Looking at You

What is with that guy? 


Have you ever wondered about your neighbors? 

It's "either/or", right?

They are either unsaved and desperately in need of the Savior or they are saved by God's grace and live their life for Jesus. Right? 

-What about the ones who claim Jesus's name, but their demeanor and actions just don't show it? 

This one neighbor is who baffles me. I just can't understand a person who claims Jesus's name in His salvation, but his actions toward me, at least, are gruff to ignoring. 

They have never accepted an offer to come over (they never offered one either), and they are rather snubby. 

I live my life calmly, keeping our home and yard neat.  Meanwhile, through the years, I have seen him pick up trash, dead animals, and yard debris and merely, pitch it in our yard. 

What's with that? This week I found a chunk of concrete and rock right next to it.

Through the years huge storms barrel through with damages throughout our neighborhood. These are the only times he actually speaks to me. I often wonder, does he know he is speaking to me?! 

The last damaging storm was terrifying. As we were out helping people, he came right into our backyard to see our damage. After he made his comment, he just left. No helping us. No helping anyone else.

Well...It is not like I always obsess about this guy, but just this week I was out there picking up sticks and raking so - ah - I can say there was no concrete pieces there nor that rock in the middle of the grass area.

So once again I run to the LORD in repentance! I already have many sinful thoughts to repent of with the LORD, plus my own disappointing thoughts of my neighbor. 

So what if I have to pick up after him??
  
I am not him. 

I am me. I live and do for the LORD and I do it to glorify His Name. 

You can do this also no matter what is happening to you if you have given your life to the LORD through Jesus Christ our Savior! 

..."Rejoice in the Lord always; 
again I will say, rejoice!

Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. 

The Lord is near.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything 
by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving 
let your requests be made known to God.

And the peace of God, 
which surpasses all comprehension, 
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, 
whatever is honorable, 
whatever is right, 
whatever is pure, 
whatever is lovely, 
whatever is of good repute, 
if there is any excellence 
and if anything worthy of praise, 
dwell on these things.

The things you have learned and 
received and heard and seen in me, 
practice these things, 
and the God of peace will be with you.

But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, 
that now at last you have revived 
your concern for me; 
indeed, you were concerned before, 
but you lacked opportunity.

Not that I speak from want, 
for I have learned to be content 
in whatever circumstances I am.

I know how to get along with humble means, 
and I also know how to live in prosperity; 
in any and every circumstance I have learned 
the secret of being filled and going hungry, 
both of having abundance and suffering need.

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."...
*

Glory to God!
*

No comments: