Tuesday, April 4, 2023

He is a shield about me and He lifts my head!

I have known many Christian women who have had traumas, heartaches, and agonies in their lives and yet they choose to find JOY in life because of the LORD. 


On the other hand I have known many Christian women who -with traumas or without traumas- can barely find any joys in life.

have lived in sadnesses, known traumas, and agonies. I am nothing special. I can be sad, very sad, but I choose to rise to the reality of the LORD who loves us and glorify Him by living in JOYS - even if crying, I can live in His JOY. He lifts my head everytime!

Let Him lift your head also!

O Lord, how my adversaries have increased!

Many are rising up against me.


Many are saying of my soul,

There is no deliverance for him in God.” Selah.

But You, O Lord, are a shield about me,

My glory, and the One who lifts my head.


I was crying to the Lord with my voice,

And He answered me from His holy mountain. Selah.


I lay down and slept;

I awoke, for the Lord sustains me.


I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people

Who have set themselves against me round about.

Arise, O Lord; save me, O my God!

For You have smitten all my enemies on the cheek;

You have shattered the teeth of the wicked.


Salvation belongs to the Lord;

Your blessing be upon Your people! Selah.
*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill,
Being joy-filled is so much better than being pity-filled! Thanks for the post of your comments and the Scripture!
Nelia

The Piper's Wife said...

Thank you, Nelia, you are so right. Joy even amidst sorrows, sad feelings, depressions, etc. is a gift from the LORD. It is our choice to find His JOY! So many, even young people, have little hope in this evil world. The LORD waits for them to seek Him! Then...they can have real joy!