Wednesday, August 28, 2024

He is My Portion and so I Hope in Him

-Scotland on the Net
*

Lamentations 3:1-3, 7-9, 21-24, 37-40


1) I am the man who has seen affliction
Because of the rod of His wrath.


He has driven me and made me walk
In darkness and not in light.

 
Surely against me He has turned His hand
Repeatedly all the day...


...7) He has walled me in so that I cannot go out;
He has made my chain heavy.


Even when I cry out and call for help,
He shuts out my prayer.


He has blocked my ways with hewn stone;
He has made my paths crooked...


...21) This I recall to my mind,
Therefore I have hope.


The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.


They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.


“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I have hope in Him.”


The Lord is good to those who wait for Him,
To the person who seeks Him.

 
It is good that he waits silently
For the salvation of the Lord...


...37) Who is there who speaks and it comes to pass,

Unless the Lord has commanded it?


Is it not from the mouth of the Most High

That both good and ill go forth?


Why should any living mortal, or any man,

Offer complaint in view of his sins?


Let us examine and probe our ways,

And let us return to the Lord..."
*

No comments: