Sunday, September 11, 2011

MIRACLES

Blinded

This world is upside down.  It is easy to become overwhelmed in our circumstances.  We are sometimes blinded and we lose sight of trusting and hoping in our great God and how He is able to do far more than we can imagine.  Sometimes life seems too much and too difficult.

I can’t see it any more.  I can’t see how things will turn around.  I can’t even see how God can mightily move and work things out.  The time has been too long.  The evil perpetrated too deep.  The LORD desires willing repentance and so He will not force people to repent.  I just can’t see it any more.  My hope is fading.

Blinded

“Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.”
Hebrews 11:1

"And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him."
Hebrews 11:6

Thank you, LORD.  You lifted my head.  You used one of Your dear handmaidens to remind me.  I was again lost in a sea of fear and hopelessness, but You touched me with Your gentle hand.  You lifted me up to remember.  I remember now that You are the One and Only.  You work behind the scenes.  You do Your best work in private.  You work miracles.  Someday we will look on in awe, and glorify Your name.  But right now I will lift my banner of praise in Victory of things I can not see and wait again for Your perfect timing.

"The LORD will give strength to His people;  The LORD will bless His people with peace."
Psalm 29:11 

2 comments:

Crystal's Ministry Updates said...

Thank you for this Jill!

The Piper's Wife said...

Dearest Crystal...Pain, sadness, agonies...they never quit screaming at us. But God hears our cries. He understands what we can only groan now, and showers us with His mercies as we continue to do next things for Him. All these things He allows us to go through, that we would rather not deal with, draw us closer to Him in ways that nothing else would. I can honestly say that I would not be who I am now, if all of these trials were not happening to us.

Can I be thankful for the agony? I can say, "Yes", because of Him in me. The human in me would still have run the other way as Jonah. But all of this is bigger than me. All of this is not about me. And so I humbly run to Him and sit at His feet in awe at how He is molding me into His image. This is what I truly desire. Glory to God!