Friday, July 6, 2012

I shall be whiter than snow!


Each one of us is a sinner.  Together we could share our sins and even decide who has the "worst" sins, but where would this get us?  Each of us would still be a sinner and we would not be able to face a holy God.

Sin separates us from God.  He has a way to solve this separation.  Our sin is real and can not be explained away.  Our holy, spotless God has a way to cover these sins, so even though our sins are red like crimson, He chooses not to see them through the precious blood of Jesus, His Son, our Savior.  He lavished His love on us through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross.  His blood then cleansed those who accept His sacrifice.  We, then, can be brand new each day.

I learned this as a child and I accepted it as a child.  As an adult I realized the truth of it even more so, but it was only when great tragedy struck my life that the knowledge of what God chose to do for me really began to register in a real and personal way.  In my inner most person, I began to realize what all this meant to a greater degree.  I praise God, for I have never been the same.  I view life differently, I view people differently, and I certainly view my gracious, Almighty God in a more humble, loving, thankful, gracious attitude.

This blog has come from Him working in me these years, and me allowing His life-changing love to envelope me.  I am not a scholar nor a writer, but He helps me put down what has touched my heart for Him. 

Precious Handmaidens~~~may you run to Him, rest in Him, find your strength in Him as you realize what a huge and awesome thing God has done for you.  He saved you through the precious blood of Jesus, and made it possible for you to repent at any moment and begin brand new in Him so that when He sees us, we are whiter than snow!

Purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Make me to hear joy and gladness,
Let the bones which You have broken rejoice.
Hide Your face from my sins
And blot out all my iniquities.
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Psalm 51:7-10

“Come now, and let us reason together,”
Says the Lord,
“Though your sins are as scarlet,
They will be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They will be like wool.
Isaiah 1:18

No comments: