Monday, June 10, 2013

Lifting up my soul to God

The purpose of this list is to intentionally place the focus of our minds and hearts upon that which is true, honorable, upright, etc (Philippians 4:8). 

Psalm 25:   the qualities and attributes of God 

MY GOD IS…

trustworthy (v. 1)

the rewarder of those who wait for Him (v. 3)

faithful to guide His own (vv. 4-5, 10, 12)

the God of my salvation (v. 5b)

compassionate

filled with lovingkindness (grace) (v. 6)

forgiving…He remembers me, but not my sin!! (vv. 7, 11, 18)

good (v. 8)

upright (v. 8)

the instructor of sinners (v. 8)

provider of justice for the humble (v. 9)

teacher of the humble (v. 9)

companion of the lonely (v. 16)

caretaker of the afflicted (v. 16)

guardian and deliverer (v. 20)

a refuge (v. 20)

Redeemer (v. 22)

What an incredible Psalm! I encourage you to spend  your own time meditating on the attributes of God revealed in Psalm 25 and begin your own “My God Is…” list.

from Paul Tautges, June 7, 2013


No comments: