Friday, January 17, 2014

Still praising the LORD!

Years ago I was with a dear, older friend. She was a wife, mother, grandmother, homemaker, job outside of home, now retired, and full time homemaker again.  She had seen it all.  

On this day I was explaining how I was the type of person who liked to have all my “ducks in a row”.  As soon as I said this she began to hoot and holler with laughter!

She said, “Well, honey, have you ever seen a momma duck with all her babies?  They don’t stay very long in a row without Momma having to track them down again!”

That was the day where a bit of reality set in and I have rarely expected to have any of my “ducks in a row” all the time.  It is okay to have things "outside the lines".

Today was one of those days where my ducks were all over the place.  It was a day of catching up, where I thought I would also have time to do other things besides the normal.  

Early this morning, though, I dropped a container of bird seed in my laundry room and out into the hall.  The thistle seed cascaded through every shelf and any carpet within eye sight.  At every area where I was cleaning it up I would discover the seed went even farther than I would ever have thought.

As things turned out I discovered a leak with our washing machine, which led to pulling that machine out, cleaning the disaster underneath and then deciding to finish by also cleaning under the dryer.  Now the repairman will come next week so most of the laundry room stuff is stashed in the kitchen.  My ducks are certainly NOT in a row, but this is okay.  I am thankful the laundry room is cleaned, the leak was discovered before any damage to the house, and the birds were still fed. 

Praising the LORD!

I love the LORD, because He hears my voice and my supplications.  Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore, I shall call upon Him as long as I live.
Psalm 116:1-2

No comments: