Thursday, October 23, 2014

On another matter….



You know, I am a sinner.  So when I am accused, I can acknowledge it.



There are those times when the evil one accuses. The accusations may be true, but I am saved by the blood of the Lamb of God. I have been set free. Jesus’ sacrifice paid in full my sins, past, present and future. 
 

What beautiful grace and mercies He showers on me!



There are also those people in my life who are completely consumed with the manipulation, control, and abuse of others, who often accuse me. Their false accusations are long standing with absolutely no grace or mercy shown, even though they claim Jesus as their Savior.
 

After years and years of these types of accusations, I often find myself forgetting how this all happened.  After all, I sometimes think, "I am a sinner, maybe it was my fault". At times, I find myself trying to figure out the “whys” and “wherefores” of what on earth has happened, for why our relationship is so horribly broken.



Days may go by while I contemplate this icky subject or maybe just minutes before I am reminded by the peace that passes all understanding


During all these horrible years, the LORD has showered me with His grace and mercy in my agonies, as I wait for these people to come to their senses.  Meanwhile, I am humbled by my sinful state, even if I am not guilty of what the controlled people accuse me. I know I am a sinner saved by His marvelous grace and I am blessed to know my Savior.



I understand about cults and abusers. The evil one is not imaginative. The same dynamics for control is used by abusing men (or women), and any kind of cult (religious or social). 


The abuse begins with manipulation which must be used to gain and keep control of the person or people. Once under control the person or people, who may very well be intelligent, Christian, and “know better”, can be used and abused and they can wreak havoc in the lives of family members. 


 The time it takes to control someone’s thinking varies. How ever long it takes, the abused person or people are now invested in the wrong thinking.



This is called Deception by Investment. Whatever time a person’s life has been involved with the deception, whatever amount of money has been spent, whatever kind of personal relationship has been formed, makes the abused caught in a web of wrong thinking which keeps them caught in the control of the abuser.



It seems hopeless. It seems never ending when loved ones are the people who are caught up with an abuser.



We have a great God, though. An Almighty God who is NOT surprised at the latest trouble the abused or abuser has caused. He knew it before we did. The LORD God is NOT wringing His hands in fear with what to do next, as we do when another painful thing comes from our controlled people.
 

The truth is that controlled, manipulated, abused person is not in control at all. 


The LORD is in control. He is the One who is allowing it, and He is the One who will only let it go so far. This is the LORD who showers us with His compassions everyday. He is working in us, if we allow it, and He is working in the controlled, if they allow it.



Now, our biggest agony comes with our loved ones who continue to NOT listen to the LORD, but this doesn’t negate our LORD God Almighty in His work. He never stops working on wayward people. We can rest our hope in Him, the author perfecter of our faith.


Precious women, if you are weary in your agony and your waiting for your waywards to turn around, do not give up your hope in God!  He is at work even if we can not see it.  He does wonderful work in wayward people, mostly in private where we can not see.


Waiting with you, while living for the LORD and praising His Name even through tears!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said, and full of grace. There are many believers in such situations, where the Enemy has found a human mouthpiece through which to accuse. But as you said, for those in Christ, our debt is paid in full, and there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah, what a Savior!

-Carolyn

The Piper's Wife said...

Carolyn, thank you for encouraging me. Praising the LORD with you!

Anonymous said...

You are welcome, Jill. Bear one another's burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ.

-Carolyn

The Piper's Wife said...

Oh, my, did I need to hear this today.