Thursday, May 14, 2015

Watch yourselves! Do Not Forget!

from Joni's Diamonds in the Dust, January 5
*

Exodus 15:1-2
Then Moses and the sons of Israel 
sang this song to the Lord, and said,

“I will sing to the Lord, for He is highly exalted;
The horse and its rider He has hurled into the sea.
“The Lord is my strength and song,
And He has become my salvation;
This is my God, and I will praise Him;
My father’s God, and I will extol Him.
*
...Our own songs  of praise fade all too quickly when we forget how God protects and provides for us.  We need to take the advice God gave the Israelites in Deuteronomy 4:9:

"Only be careful and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen.
*

The next time you're tempted to grumble or complain, think of your favorite praise song and then sing it.  It will be God's way of helping you not to forget His protection and provision in your life.

Lord, forgive me for having such a short memory 
of all the marvelous ways You've protected and provided for me.  
I thank You for all that You've done 
in the past and all You'll do in the future. 
I am grateful to You!
*


No comments: