Monday, August 24, 2015

Abiding: Waiting on the LORD

Psalm 27:14
*Wait for the Lord;
 Be strong and let your heart take courage; 
Yes, wait for the Lord.*
------------------------------

Waiting.  It seems like nothing, but it is something.  

Waiting is huge.  

Waiting is trusting the LORD.  

Waiting is great anticipation as we seek His face.

Waiting glorifies the LORD.

Waiting is not sitting still, but is very active in our inner being, using a lot of energy.

Waiting builds up our faith because we trust Him, and trusting Him more and more even as we seemingly “see” no answers

Waiting builds up our faith so we are stronger in our faith.

Waiting is not nothing, but it is something!
-----------------------------

Hebrews 10:35-39
35 Therefore, do not throw away your confidence
which has a great reward. 
36 For you have need of endurance
so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised.
37 For yet in a very little while
He who is coming will come, and will not delay.
38 *But My righteous one shall live by faith;* 
And if he shrinks back, My soul has no pleasure in him.
39 But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, 
but we are of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul.
-----------------------------

Habakkuk 2:1-4
 I will stand on my guard post
And station myself on the rampart;
And I will keep watch to see what He will speak to me,
And how I may reply when I am reproved.
2 Then the Lord answered me and said, “Record the vision And inscribe it on tablets, That the one who reads it may run.
3 “For the vision is yet for the appointed time; It hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay.
4 “Behold, as for the proud one, His soul is not right within him;
*But the righteous will live by his faith.*
-----------------------------

Romans 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, 
for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, 
to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 
17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; 
as it is written, “But *the righteous man shall live by faith.”*
------------------------


So what does this mean to all of us who love the LORD?  

We need to continue to stretch our faith muscles in trusting and waiting, knowing that He is not slow in hearing us, nor answering us.  

*He will answer us in His time and in His way*——even if the answers are not what we expect.  

Even so, we need to be at His feet in obedience trusting Him.  We need to walk by faith even when we can not “see”. 

May we glorify Him as we wait!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ack, Jill, now you got me. Waiting isn't doing nothing...? Oh boy, that's a kink in my though process. Hm, I have trouble seeing waiting in the way you've described it. Something to mull over... thank you, friend.

-Carolyn

The Piper's Wife said...

Carolyn,
Yes, waiting is extremely active.

We were created with so many emotions. We can not just turn off our grief, our fear, longings...

While we wait we are active in sharing them with the LORD, accepting that the time is going by, drawing closer to Him as we wait for whatever it is we have cried out to Him~ all the while we are learning to do this (waiting) with Him, trusting Him in all these things.

Before I gave myself to the LORD completely, I was always waiting for lots of things, but this waiting was full of all my fears, anxiousness, and worry beyond any words.

After I began to learn more about the LORD, draw closer to Him, I allowed Him to handle my fears & worries, as I learned to trust Him more. It took time, but I only drew closer to Him!

Now my waiting is full of trusting Him even when everything is "black"! The "storms" rage on, and yet, I am in His right hand, safe from the storms.

I haven't had a "lobotomy" so I can not think any longer, but I have chosen to wait in Him, trust in Him. It is a whole new way of living, and yet, I can certainly rush right back into my old worrisome ways which could consume me.

So waiting in the LORD is extremely active. In my inner most person I am running to Him, crying out to Him, laying my fears at His feet, then relaxing in Him, resting, hoping in Him, abiding in Him, being in obedience to Him, persevering in Him....

I may look on the outside like I am just fine and carrying on with life, but it is because I am abiding in Him with ALL of my waiting issues in His hands, because I am choosing to trust Him even when it is black.

Hope this is a "window" into how waiting is active.


Anonymous said...

HI Jill,

I think it would be fair to say that I weave in and out of what you are describing. Sometimes, I feel peace and rest in difficulties, sometimes I feel a great weight on me. The hard part for me is the patience waiting for answers... and also knowing that sometimes answers don't come. I'm certainly still learning.

-Carolyn

The Piper's Wife said...

Carolyn,

what you describe sounds normal to me. This world is not our home. We are sinners, and the world is full of sinners with all of us sinning! Life is difficult, to say the least, and life is not fair. There is so much which grieves us, and then we look at our own families and all these issues.

What a great God we have! He is with us always! His strength is what He gives us, and His mercies and comforts showers us. We can overcome whatever is our agony, even when nothing changes, because He is our all in all.

Learning from Him is our job! Drawing closer to Him is really what our desire is! Praise the LORD!