Thursday, August 20, 2015

Have you been thrown away?

…disowned, marginalized, discounted, hated, lied to, lied about, judged unjustly, treated worse than an enemy… 

Humanly, we are so very hurt by any of this unjust behavior, and then, exponentially so, when the people who disown us are from our own families.

Do not lose heart, dear ones!

There is One who will never throw you away.  He never lies and never plays games with you.  This One will never discount you, disown you, or marginalize you.  He is the One you can count on no matter what is happening in your life, even if what is happening is unjust from other people, especially your own family.

You may feel alone, but you are not alone. The One and Only God is with you, even when you do not feel He is, even when feel you are a horrible sinner.

Read His Word, soak it in often, preach to yourself.  You are precious in His sight!

1 Corinthians 8:6
 "...yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him."

John 1:12
"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name"

Colossians 1:12
"giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light."

James 2:5
"Listen, my beloved brethren: did not God choose the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?"

1 John 3:1-2
"See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. 

Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill,

I think I needed to hear this today. What my husband and I endure from our families of origin... so hurtful.

People's behaviors that I hate: lying, manipulation, backstabbing, slander, game playing, and hypocrisy. I also despise double standards.

Sometimes it's hard to remember that God cares for us.

-Carolyn

The Piper's Wife said...

I am so sorry that you also suffer in this regard. It certainly is a fallen world! We do not even have to go away from our own families to know this is true.

I could add and add words to your list of cruel behaviors, but your words are enough.

I agree, that it does seem like God has forgotten us.

We love Him so deeply, and so we glorify Him as we turn the other cheek, full of mercies for those who are evil. (Romans 12:19-21)

I find myself looking at "me" to figure out what I have done for Him to forget me, meanwhile, the enemy seemingly triumphs! But--- It isn't about me! It is about them! and their relationship with God. As the time zips by, I continue to learn how to draw closer to Him and abide in Him.

I suppose, at first, it is good to "police" ourselves to make sure we are not causing the troubles (besides just existing, which seems to infuriate the evil people). After this, when we feel forgotten, we must remind ourselves that He does not play games with us. There must be reasons He is allowing people to seemingly continue their evil plans with us being the targets. We can only trust that He is with us (because this is His character) , that we are being used to glorify Him in a greater good.

FYI, I need to hear this everyday, sometimes every hour. This post took me two months to finish because I was so blindsided by the constant pain of certain evil people, that I couldn't think of the right scriptures to share. Then one day they just came. Praise the LORD!

May this week be a week of peaceful abiding in Him!

Anonymous said...

JILL!!! You said something that struck me - "besides just EXISTING, which seems to infuriate the evil people".

Yes, I have experienced the same pain. The worst attacks are simply because I EXIST. Not even because I am a believer. Just because I exist.

Then, "this post took me two months to finish because I was so blindsided by the constant pain of certain evil people"...

And... I have been waiting and watching your blog for those two months, wondering why you hadn't posted in so long...

I am truly sorry you are being abused so badly by hurtful, spiteful people. It sounds like it's an epidemic in some families. And as you said, it's not even the world, for some of us, it's closer to home than that.

Sometimes unfortunately in churches too, even believers can be cruel to one another. Though hopefully the indwelling Holy Spirit would move them to repent and remember the compassion of our Savior. The world and unsaved family are hurtful enough, don't need more from church.

-Carolyn

The Piper's Wife said...

Carolyn,

The evil being perpetrated, especially the long standing evil, does seem to be "too much" for some of us. The LORD knows and He is compassionate to us. I can abide in Him, but I can also be overwhelmed by the emotional pain "these people" cause, and then I am back to abiding in Him. Our aim is to continue to trust in Him, rest in Him, no matter who is causing us pain. (difficult! but it can be accomplished in Him.)

In my life "these people" call themselves Christians, and yet, treat others worse than any unbeliever would ever do. It is "them" in my life, it is the time of year, it is the memories, and the disappointments.

Thank you for being concerned for me.

Praying for you also. This is not our home, the LORD is strength and we can abide in Him!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Jill for sharing your heart. I understand you because, a lot of the time, it's "too much" for me, too. And for us as well, some of "these people" also call themselves "Christians", but by their fruit are demonstrably unsaved. I agree, sometimes those who claim Christ can be as, if not more hurtful, than unprofessing unbelievers.

I do struggle resting in the Lord through this. Thanks for your prayers, I pray the Lord would comfort, strengthen, and encourage you as well.

-Carolyn

The Piper's Wife said...

Carolyn, you are so kind, thank you...

I think we will struggle until glory! and so our great, awesome God and Savior are everything to us! Praising Him!

We need to just continue to keep our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith! Hebrew 12

Continue!