Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Controlling tears: Red Flags















Poor Lucy, now being used by me as an example of Control and Manipulation. Well, her character is written with many of these sinful qualities so she makes a good lesson for me.

When I read this comic, immediately certain cult-like people came to my mind.  They talk so sweet, but then venom comes out, and everyone is damaged, at least emotionally.  It use to shock me, but now I expect it. Pathetically, I suppose I am old hat at it now.

*Scripture examples to heed:

"His speech was smoother than butter,
But his heart was war;
His words were softer than oil,
Yet they were drawn swords."
Psalms 55:21

"A lying tongue hates those it crushes,
And a flattering mouth works ruin."
Proverbs 26:28

*But you can choose to run to the LORD with your injuries from Manipulators and Controllers:

"Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you;
He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.
But You, O God, will bring them down to the pit of destruction;
Men of bloodshed and deceit will not live out half their days.
But I will trust in You."
Psalms 55:21-23

*


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For once, Jill, the Peanuts was funny but not funny, if you can understand what I mean... the manipulative behavior is so damaging. You pulled some GREAT Scriptures. And I like your advice: RUN TO THE LORD.

-Carolyn

The Piper's Wife said...

Thank you, Carolyn, for your comment.

When I recently read this comic my first thought was it is the classic Lucy pulling the football away. Throughout the day, though, this comic kept coming back to me, so I reread it, and then I knew why it was on my mind.

Poor Charlie Brown! and he is only a pretend person!

After you learn truths you can never go back. You see what is true.

If you have been abused in any way, you now see it and know it is wrong.

If you read God's word in His truth, and accept Jesus as your Savior, you begin to see His truth through the falsehoods which are so numerous now.