Sunday, October 2, 2016

Choosing to learn from the LORD no matter what our circumstances.






































Our life situations can be very, very tough.  This is an understatement when we are in horrendous situations.

This pumpkin formed and grew throughout the summer, wedged between the wall and electric pipeline.  No matter the situation this pumpkin was in, it grew and matured to fruition.  It will not be round, but it can still be a pumpkin.

When we are in our difficult life circumstances we can choose to allow ourselves to become angry, bitter, lifeless...  The other option in our difficult situations is to run to the LORD in all our trials.  

He is our solid rock.  He is our strong tower.

In my experience and in the experiences of those whom I know, our own personal trials and tribulations may continue in the long run, but our choices to follow the LORD, read His Word regularly, rely on Him in all things, and actually rest in Him among the chaos of life, is why we have peace.  It is His peace which passes all understanding. It is why we continue to grow closer to Him. It is why we have a precious relationship with Him, and a beautiful testimony even in our struggles.

Now, the fact is that this pumpkin is deformed because of its circumstances.  We can not make it round, so the comparison of this pumpkin compared to each of us who are in agonies can't continue - unless it represents our choices to not draw closer to the LORD, and so we do become grumpy, angry, cruel, etc.

When we are in our agonies, a truth is that our trials can mar us - on the inside or the outside - physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually.  Even so, we can still find our safety in the LORD.  No matter what pain we endure, we can continue to grow closer to Him and find ourselves healthier in every way than those who choose poorly. 

*Physical abuse is NOT okay*  Seek out help from trusted family, friends, church body, law enforcement.
*

Proverbs 18:10
"The name of the Lord is a strong tower;
The righteous runs into it and is safe."

Psalms 18:1-3, 31
“I love You, O Lord, my strength.”
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,
And I am saved from my enemies."

"For who is God, but the Lord?
And who is a rock, except our God"

*




No comments: