Monday, October 30, 2017

He is there, and in the darkest of times...

2 Corinthians 12:9 "And He has said to me, 
“My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” 
Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, 
so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

"One of the great challenges in life is that of maintaining grace during times of temptation and trials.  The human spirit is prone to exasperation and despair.  It can be difficult to see the help God provides us in times of struggle when our eyes are clouded over with the pain of the moment.  It is real faith that recognizes the activity of the concerned Savior even though His work may not be seen clearly for a time and even if His presence may not be greatly felt.  He is there, and in the darkest of times He is actively involved in our struggles."

L. Edward Hazelbaker, footnote John Bunyan’s “Pilgrim’s Progress,” Chapter 5.


No comments: