Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Do not be conformed

I have been contemplating the abuse of manipulation and control and the kinds of people who implement this in other people's lives.

UGH!  What a thing to think about!  But this subject is huge and it is real in my own life as I have had to deal with certain people.

It is difficult for me to fathom "how and why" anyone who claims the Name of Jesus in their life could be so evil in dealing with others.  

At any level of control and manipulation it is damaging, destructive, calculating, and cruel.  It is abuse.

I go through life making mistakes, hurting others, sinning, but I always know or I soon realize I am a sinner and ask forgiveness, and try to not repeat the hurt of others.

As I try to analyze the "manipulators" I have had to deal with in life, I still can not fathom the depths of evil they perpetrate on others just to get their way in life.

---

My home is "peppered" with special insignificant things.  A small maroon ottoman which was in the trash pile, silly looking ge-gaws no one desired: an elephant and giraffe, a sailboat tie-tac, a pretty pearl type necklace, little Snowwhite dolls carefully chosen, handmade airplanes made with care...

None of these things would mean anything to any one else, but what joyous memories they bring to my mind! None of these things are worth any money, and yet, they are priceless to me. Wonderful grandparents, a treasured grandma, a dear father, a precious mother, and adored children. This is why these things are valuable to me.

I love these things, but they could be destroyed, and I would still have their great value inside of me.  It is because I value each person and loved them dearly. I am so thankful to have had them in my life!

Praising the LORD for His continued grace and mercy on me!

1 Peter 1:13-16

"Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance, but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior; because it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”


No comments: