Monday, February 19, 2018

"Faith is like radar that sees through the fog"

In 1974 Corrie ten Boom wrote in her book, Tramp for the Lord:

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go;
I will counsel you with My eye upon you."
Psalm 32:8

"The school of life offers some difficult courses, but it is in the difficult class that one learns the most ---- especially when your teacher is the Lord Jesus Himself."

"God has plans --- not problems ---- for our lives."

"The life of a Christian is an eduction for higher service.  No Athlete complains when the training is hard. He thinks of the game, or the race.  As the apostle Paul wrote:

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. 

For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. 

For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 

For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.  And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body."
 Romans 8:18-23

"Looking back across the years of my life, I can see the working of a divine pattern, which is the way of God with His children.  When I was in a prison camp is Holland during the war  [World War 2] , I often prayed,

"Lord, never let the enemy put me in a German concentration camp." 

God answered no to that prayer. Yet in the German camp, with all its horror, I found many prisoners who had never heard of Jesus Christ.  If God had not used my sister Betsie and me to being them to Him, they would never have heard of Him.  Many died, or were killed, but many died with the name of Jesus on their lips.  They were well worth all our suffering.  

Faith is like radar that sees through the fog --- the reality of things at a distance that the human eye cannot see."

"My life is but a weaving,
between my God and me,
I do not choose the colors,
He worketh, steadily,
Oftimes He weaveth sorrow,
and I in foolish pride, 
Forget He sees the upper,
and I the underside.

Not till the loom is silent,
and the shuttles cease to fly,
Will God unroll the canvas
and explain the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful 
in the skillful Weaver's hand,
As the threads of gold and silver
in the pattern He has planned."
-Anonymous
*
"Although the threads of my life have often seemed knotted, I know, by faith, that on the other side of the embroidery there is a crown."


From Tramp for the Lord, by Corrie Ten Boom, Introduction, excerpted from pages 14-16.

No comments: