Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Springtime in the Mid-West

*


"White as snow, white as snow
though my sins were as scarlet,
Lord I know, Lord I know, 
that I'm clean and forgiven.
Through the power of Your blood, 
through the wonder of Your love,
through faith in you I know that I can be
white as snow."
*

Isaiah 1:16-20

“Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean;

Remove the evil of your deeds from My sight.

Cease to do evil,

Learn to do good;

Seek justice,

Reprove the ruthless,

Defend the orphan,

Plead for the widow.

“Come now, and let us reason together,”

Says the Lord,

“Though your sins are as scarlet,

They will be as white as snow;

Though they are red like crimson,

They will be like wool.

“If you consent and obey,
You will eat the best of the land;

“But if you refuse and rebel,

You will be devoured by the sword.
”
Truly, the mouth of the Lord has spoken."
*



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill,

Wonderful passage of Scripture, what a great blessing there is in Christ!

Peanuts is funny, so true in any area with snowy winters that just won't let go!

-Carolyn

The Piper's Wife said...

Thank you, Carolyn, I just really appreciate this scripture. The "word pictures" are vivid if you are desiring to pay attention.