Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Let us look at ourselves: Love Continued

1Peter 4:22-25

"Since you have in obedience to the truth

purified your souls for a sincere love of the brethren,

fervently love one another from the heart,

for you have been born again not of seed

which is perishable but imperishable, that is,

through the living and enduring word of God. For,

“All flesh is like grass,


And all its glory like the flower of grass.


The grass withers,


And the flower falls off,

But the word of the Lord endures forever.”

And this is the word which was preached to you."

*

1 Peter 4:7-11

"The end of all things is near; therefore,

be of sound judgment and sober spirit

for the purpose of prayer.  Above all,

keep fervent in your love for one another,

because love covers a multitude of sins.

Be hospitable to one another without complaint.

As each one has received a special gift,

employ it in serving one another as good stewards

of the manifold grace of God.Whoever speaks,

is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God;

whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving

by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things

God may be glorified through Jesus Christ,

to whom belongs the glory and

dominion forever and ever. Amen."

*
Galatians 6:1-10 
"Brethren, even if anyone is caught in any trespass, 
you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; 
each one looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted.

Bear one another’s burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.

For if anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, 
he deceives himself. But each one must examine his own work, 
and then he will have reason for boasting in regard to himself alone, 
and not in regard to another. For each one will bear his own load.

The one who is taught the word is to share all good things 
with the one who teaches him.

Do not be deceived, 
God is not mocked; 
for whatever a man sows, 
this he will also reap.

For the one who sows to his own flesh 
will from the flesh reap corruption, 
but the one who sows to the Spirit 
will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

Let us not lose heart in doing good, 
for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.
So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, 
and especially to those who are of the household of the faith.

*
John 13:33-35
"Little children, I am with you a little while longer. 
You will seek Me; and as I said to the Jews, now I also say to you, 
‘Where I am going, you cannot come.’

A new commandment I give to you, 
that you love one another, even as I have loved you, 
that you also love one another.
By this all men will know that you are My disciples, 
if you have love for one another.”


*
John 15:12-17 
“This is My commandment, that you love one another, 
just as I have loved you.

Greater love has no one than this, 
that one lay down his life for his friends.
You are My friends if you do what I command you.
No longer do I call you slaves, 
for the slave does not know what his master is doing; 
but I have called you friends, 
for all things that I have heard from My Father 
I have made known to you.

You did not choose Me but I chose you, 
and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, 
and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask 
of the Father in My name He may give to you.
This I command you, that you love one another.
*

No comments: