Saturday, September 7, 2019

All the Trees of the Field Will Clap Their Hands!


Seventeen years of beautiful blooms, lovely views, a myriad of birds, squirrels, and heart-shaped leaves which shaded our lives ended when our Red Bud Tree died this spring.

We cut it down over many days, certain sections at a time until the final cuts ended with a two foot stump. The best part of all was that we had no major injuries in all of this cutting. Thankful!

This whole time of deciding to remove the dead tree now, and then beginning to cut away our once beautiful tree, was one of grieving this loss of beauty -- but it was also introspective for me.

I loved this tree for so many reasons, but I don't need this tree to go on with life. The loss will be remembered--how could it not be when such a huge living thing is no longer giving its wonderful shade and lending its safety to the little creatures it sheltered. It also had been an anchor to our front yard, our porch, and gardens. 

As we came to the end of all the cutting we had already been planning the garden which would be changed around the new Red Bud Tree stump/pedestal for the birdbath. All of the bird feeders had already been moved further out into another mature tree. The birds and squirrels had already found it and felt the new safety. Now all they waited for was a drinking station.  

As for me, I choose to live for the LORD no matter what happens. I have seen His faithfulness in my life. He has held me tightly as my world has shaken. I know what it is to wait on the LORD, to abide with Him, and to continue living for Him even when what seemingly matters the most to me never changes. He is my God and my Savior, He is my Rock whom I cling to, and preciously, He clings to me when I falter!


















Isaiah 55 
“Ho! Every one who thirsts, come to the waters;
 
And you who have no money come, buy and eat.
 
Come, buy wine and milk

Without money and without cost.

“Why do you spend money for what is not bread,

And your wages for what does not satisfy?
 
Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good,

And delight yourself in abundance.

“Incline your ear and come to Me.

Listen, that you may live;

And I will make an everlasting covenant with you,

According to the faithful mercies shown to David.

“Behold, I have made him a witness to the peoples,

A leader and commander for the peoples.

“Behold, you will call a nation you do not know,

And a nation which knows you not will run to you,

Because of the Lord your God, even the Holy One of Israel;

For He has glorified you.”

Seek the Lord while He may be found;

Call upon Him while He is near.

Let the wicked forsake his way

And the unrighteous man his thoughts;

And let him return to the Lord,

And He will have compassion on him,

And to our God,

For He will abundantly pardon.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,

Nor are your ways My ways,” declares the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,

So are My ways higher than your ways

And My thoughts than your thoughts.

“For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven,

And do not return there without watering the earth

And making it bear and sprout,

And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater;

So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth;

It will not return to Me empty,

Without accomplishing what I desire,

And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

“For you will go out with joy

And be led forth with peace;

The mountains and the hills will 
break forth into shouts of joy before you,

And all the trees of the field will clap their hands.

“Instead of the thorn bush the cypress will come up,

And instead of the nettle the myrtle will come up,

And it will be a memorial to the Lord,

For an everlasting sign which will not be cut off.”
*
             

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill,
Your new garden is quite pretty! It’s nice to see what your careful planning and labor accomplished. I like the way you used the smooth stones all around, and happy that you will still get to enjoy this special place in your yard! Well done! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Kathryn

The Piper's Wife said...

You are so kind, Kathryn. It was good to go through---now that it is accomplished---Maybe the decision to cut it down this season (instead of waiting for spring which would have been difficult , maybe more so!)

Yes, it all feels and looks great, and most of all the little creatures have adapted much faster than I. There's a lesson in that!

Let's continue in the LORD!