Tuesday, December 31, 2019

He who trusts in the LORD is on wings of eagles




“Comfort, 
O comfort My people,” 
says your God...

...A voice is calling,
“Clear the way for the Lord in the wilderness;
Make smooth in the desert a highway for our God.

“Let every valley be lifted up,
And every mountain and hill be made low;
And let the rough ground become a plain,
And the rugged terrain a broad valley;

Then the glory of the Lord will be revealed...

...The grass withers, the flower fades,
When the breath of the Lord blows upon it;
Surely the people are grass.

The grass withers, the flower fades,
But the word of our God stands forever...

...Behold, the Lord God will come with might,
With His arm ruling for Him.
Behold, His reward is with Him
And His recompense before Him.

Like a shepherd He will tend His flock,
In His arm He will gather the lambs
And carry them in His bosom;
He will gently lead the nursing ewes...

...Do you not know? Have you not heard?
Has it not been declared to you from the beginning?
Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth?

It is He who sits above the circle of the earth...

...Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The Everlasting God, the Lord, 
the Creator of the ends of the earth
Does not become weary or tired.
His understanding is inscrutable.

He gives strength to the weary,
And to him who lacks might 
He increases power.

Though youths grow weary and tired,
And vigorous young men stumble badly,

Yet those who wait for the Lord
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,

They will walk and not become weary."
*
This is me. This is who I am. 
Everyday, all day.

When I was young I did not understand.
I thought I lived in my strength 
until my own strength 
was stripped from me.

I then learned 
that I have no strength.
It is His strength in me.
I can do nothing without the LORD God Almighty.

And so I continue to learn to wait on Him,
and I gain new strength 
to last each day-
not tomorrow, 
but today.

Sometimes I think, 
I feel, 
and I believe 
that it is not enough!

But then He gently holds me,
He reminds me,
and He shows me 
as He inclines to me
and hears my groans 
and comforts me in His mighty strength.

Glory to God in the Highest!
*

No comments: