Thursday, August 27, 2020

When you feel like you have a heavy load to bear: You could try the Sikorsky CH-54 Tarhe

A better recommendation would be 
the LORD God Almighty.

Life, in general, is difficult to say the least. 
Add any kind of pressure and it is hard!

I could list the many things we all must deal with,
many are just because in this fallen world.

Many rotten things are our own faults because we are sinners.

Many are because of other sinners in our lives or in the world.

A mature person will realise soon enough that much of what
seems to make "heavy loads" in our lives 
can not be "fixed"by us. 

We must deal with the troubles, 
we must live with the problems, 
sometimes live miserably in the muck.

There is a solution, 
a "Someone" who can help us 
through life at anytime, anywhere.

He is not a genie, wizard, charlaton...

He is the God of the Bible. 

No matter what you have heard,
what you have felt,
what you have seen or believed 
the God of the Bible 
is completely real.
*

Matthew 11:28-29
 “Come to Me, 
all who are weary 
and heavy-laden, 
and I will give you rest.

Take My yoke upon you 
and learn from Me, 
for I am gentle 
and humble in heart, 
and you will find 
rest for your souls.

For My yoke is easy 
and My burden is light.”
*

God is the I AM

Exodus 3:13-14
Then Moses said to God, 

“Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, 
and I will say to them,

‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you.’ 

Now they may say to me, 

‘What is His name?’ 

What shall I say to them?” 

God said to Moses, 

“I AM WHO I AM”; 

and He said, 

“Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 

‘I AM has sent me to you.’” 
*


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill, now THAT is an amazing picture! Perhaps Glenn took it while in the service? We have some pretty neat pictures of fighter jets during husband’s tour of duty at the end of the Vietnam war. I never saw one like that, though!

A child of God can expect to have his faith tested in his walk with the Lord. God knows just what that test will be, and it draws us closer to Him, during and forever after. We can be thankful that He sends trials our way. We see our own helplessness and dependence on the Lord Jesus who holds us and keeps us. He is indeed the great I AM! Remembering His care and His precious Word, we can have hope for what lies beyond today.

I see our country in dire straits, but we know we are living in the time appointed to us. My job is to pray!

Blessings to you!

Kathryn

The Piper's Wife said...

Thank you, Kathryn :o) for your encouragement. Yes, our job is to continue to live for Him and pray!

The photo is actually from the internet from Glenn's "Historical Plane of the Day" or "HPOD", not "POD", which is his normal "Plane of the Day". Many of the photos are his, but he does gather from the internet also. :o)

I thought that photo was wonderful to make a point.

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Hi Kathryn,

Just thought I'd through my two cents in. :).

I started a "Plane of the Day" daily email to many aviation friends, and these posts are done as I finish researching the history of the particular plane. Just military and ex-military, shot in museums or throughout my career. I really didn't do much aircraft photographed while in the Army from 1970 to 1975; it was a hobby which got really started in the early 1980s. I have a whole gallery of most of my photos on an internet site:
https://www.airport-data.com/photographers/Glenn+E.+Chatfield:375/

Anyway, several years back I did an email "Plane of the Day -- Historical" for a bunch of fellow controllers so they could learn about all the types the military has had since the early 1900s. Just over a year ago I was invited to speak at a Civil Air Patrol meeting (I used to be a member in the mid-1980s to mid-1990s) and when a question came up about US military aircraft types I told the cadets about my old POD Historical and offered to start again.

Now with the POD all photos are mine, but with POD historical I don't have photos of a lot of types so I copy off the 'net photos to attach to the explanations. Sometimes, as with the CH-54 on this post, I gather photos from the 'net to show the aircraft doing what I never photographed it doing, just to show more about them. That's where Jill got this photo.

And now you know, "the rest of the story."

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Glenn, for that bit of information! I have an 11 yr old grandson who would love to see your pictures! I’ll be sure to show him. He is all about airplanes and army and quite the young historian, too, about the wars of our country. He has put together a few large LEGO aircraft, which I didn’t know existed until his birthday drew near 😊! Anyway, he’ll enjoy those pictures! Appreciate you taking time to
post!

Kathryn

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Kathryn,

Well, here's another Internet collection I have.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/52874022@N04/albums/72157651129684943

Actually, the same photos are in the Air Force Museum album on that other site, but here I have just the AFM planes (the museum changed their name several years ago to the National Museum of the United States Air Force, but us old timers still call it the Air Force Museum.)

With this Flicker album he can click the first photo and then there is an arrow on the right side to move to the next photo, etc. For these photos, any history I could find I posted below the photo, beginning with the identity of the aircraft. I don't know how much an 11-year-old would get into that, but if he is into history.....well that includes aircraft history!

I did have ALL the photos of taken of each plane but then Flicker got a new owner and if you had over 1000 photos you had to pay, so I deleted a lot of photos and kept the best ones of each plane. (My last visit to the museum in 2018 was my 50th visit there!)

Anyway, I hope he enjoys.