Saturday, December 5, 2020

His Grace, and Love never fails. He showers us with His mercies!

 

The LORD loves His own.

As a human I wonder sometimes how He can love us! His very own children can sin so much and grieve Him so even though we all know better!

 "And you were dead in your offenses and sins, in which you previously walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.

Among them we too all previously lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the rest.

But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our wrongdoings, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the ages to come He might show the boundless riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them."

Every day is new for us in Him. 

We have been bought with a price so HUGE even though so long ago. Jesus gave His all for us to become children of God. We have been washed clean even if we came long after Jesus' sacrifice.

Isaiah 1:16-18
“Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean;
 
Remove the evil of your deeds from My sight.

Stop doing evil,

Learn to do good;
 
Seek justice,

Rebuke the oppressor,

Obtain justice for the orphan,

Plead for the widow’s case.

“Come now, and let us debate your case,”

Says the Lord,

“Though your sins are as scarlet,

They shall become as white as snow;

Though they are red like crimson,

They shall be like wool."

John 1:24-34
"...And the messengers had been sent from the Pharisees. They asked him, and said to him, “Why then are you baptizing, if you are not the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?”

John answered them, saying, “I baptize in water, but among you stands One whom you do not know. It is He who comes after me, of whom I am not worthy even to untie the strap of His sandal.”

These things took place in Bethany beyond the Jordan, where John was baptizing people.

The next day he *saw Jesus coming to him, and *said, 

“Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! This is He in behalf of whom I said, ‘After me is coming a Man who has proved to be my superior, because He existed before me.’ And I did not recognize Him, but so that He would be revealed to Israel, I came baptizing in water.”

And John testified, saying, 

“I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him. And I did not recognize Him, but He who sent me to baptize in water said to me, ‘He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining upon Him, this is the One who baptizes in the Holy Spirit.’

And I myself have seen, and have testified that this is the Son of God.”

Even so, here we are, His children all through time as we wait for His second coming and the fruition of His marvelous salvation.  Here we are continuing to slip into this sin or that sin. 

It is very much like forest fires as they pop up and ignite more little areas as the fires spread, becoming out of control. And so do our sins as we allow ourselves to continue on in our wrongdoing, our wrong thinking. 

Maybe we "safely" think we are saved by His marvelous grace so, of course, He will forgive us in our new sins. And this is true that He continues to forgive His own, but He also will discipline His own.

'At that time the disciples came to Jesus and said, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”  And He called a child to Himself and set him among them, and said, 

“Truly I say to you, unless you change and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. So whoever will humble himself like this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever receives one such child in My name, receives Me; but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it is better for him that a heavy millstone be hung around his neck, and that he be drowned in the depths of the sea.

“Woe to the world because of its stumbling blocks! For it is inevitable that stumbling blocks come; but woe to the person through whom the stumbling block comes!

“And if your hand or your foot is causing you to sin, cut it off and throw it away from you; it is better for you to enter life maimed or without a foot, than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into the eternal fire.

And if your eye is causing you to sin, tear it out and throw it away from you. It is better for you to enter life with one eye, than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fiery hell.

“See that you do not look down on one of these little ones; for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father who is in heaven."

"Be gracious to me, God, 
according to Your faithfulness;
 
According to the greatness of Your compassion, 
wipe out my wrongdoings.

Wash me thoroughly from my guilt
 
And cleanse me from my sin.

For I know my wrongdoings,

And my sin is constantly before me.

Against You, You only, I have sinned

And done what is evil in Your sight,

So that You are justified when You speak

And blameless when You judge.

Behold, I was brought forth in guilt,

And in sin my mother conceived me.

Behold, You desire truth in the innermost being,

And in secret You will make wisdom known to me.

Purify me with hyssop, and I will be clean;

Cleanse me, and I will be whiter than snow.

Let me hear joy and gladness,

Let the bones You have broken rejoice.

Hide Your face from my sins

And wipe out all my guilty deeds.

Create in me a clean heart, God,

And renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Do not cast me away from Your presence,

And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,

And sustain me with a willing spirit.
 
Then I will teach wrongdoers Your ways,

And sinners will be converted to You.
 
Save me from the guilt of bloodshed, God, 
the God of my salvation;

Then my tongue will joyfully sing of Your righteousness.
 
Lord, open my lips,

So that my mouth may declare Your praise.
 
For You do not delight in sacrifice, 
otherwise I would give it;

You do not take pleasure in burnt offering.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;

A broken and a contrite heart, God, 
You will not despise.
 
By Your favor do good to Zion;

Build the walls of Jerusalem.

Then You will delight in righteous sacrifices,

In burnt offering and whole burnt offering;

Then bulls will be offered on Your altar."
*

No comments: