Wednesday, December 16, 2020

The Joy of Vintage Fabric

 

My dear mother was a seamstress and like many of us she had her big stash of fabric.


I grew up with many, many hand made outfits  as well as doll clothes :o)


As the years went by I was married with my own fabric stash growing and she would often pass me fabrics when I would visit her.


I made this pinafore from fabric she had had since I was a little girl. How thrilled I was to be able to use it for my own little one.


Decades later I am ready to repurpose this fabric.


Until something wonderful comes to me, this is what I have chosen for this year: The back of  kitchen chair.









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I love this picture! Twice beautiful....your little one and the dress! Those saddle oxfords didn’t escape me, either☺️. My mom sewed for me and my dolls, too. Thanks for sharing! You apparently inherited your mother’s seamstress abilities...this dress is adorable!

Kathryn

The Piper's Wife said...

Thank you so for your comment. It is so precious to me.

Anonymous said...

Jill,
Upon closer reflection, it looks like you have made a little girl’s apron out of the pinafore! How brilliant! With a red bow to tie in back! Prayers for this to be filled! Blessings to your home!

Kathryn

The Piper's Wife said...

Thank you, Kathryn, I understand and appreciate your prayers so.