Thursday, June 17, 2021

Tell your mother you love her


I recently spoke with two different ladies in their nineties who shared with me that they had been thinking a lot about their dear mothers. They longed to be able to talk with them again. Both said they so wished that had told her how much they appreciated her and loved her before she had died.

"But I can't do it now," they lamented.

I often think of my own precious mother. I loved her, I told her, I shared with her how I felt, just as these women probably did, but now I lament with them. I wish I could talk with her and love on her more.

Instead, we praised the LORD for our mothers, and look forward to seeing them again!

Both of these precious ladies love Jesus as their Savior so we spoke of seeing all of our mothers in glory!

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge;

Fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Hear, my son, your father’s instruction

And do not forsake your mother’s teaching;
Indeed, they are a graceful wreath to your head

And ornaments about your neck."


"Honor your father and mother 
(which is the first commandment with a promise), 
so that it may be well with you, 
and that you may live long on the earth."

"Strength and dignity are her clothing,
And she smiles at the future.
She opens her mouth in wisdom,
And the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
She looks well to the ways of her household,
And does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children rise up and bless her;
Her husband also, and he praises her, saying:
“Many daughters have done nobly,
But you excel them all.”

by Rudyard Kipling

Light of Home
My son, thou wilt dream the world is fair, 
and thou spirit will sigh to roam,
'And thou must go; but never, when there,
Forget the light of home!
by Sarah Josepha Hale

by Mary Engelbreit






No comments: