Tuesday, March 29, 2022

A Cold WInd is a-Blowing


Jesus said:

‘I know your deeds, 
that you are neither cold nor hot; 
I wish that you were cold or hot.

So because you are lukewarm, 
and neither hot nor cold, 
I will spit you out of My mouth. 

Because you say, 
“I am rich, and have become wealthy, 
and have need of nothing,” 
and you do not know that you are wretched 
and miserable and poor and blind and naked... 

...Those whom I love, 
I reprove and discipline; 
therefore be zealous and repent.

Behold, I stand at the door and knock; 
if anyone hears My voice 
and opens the door, 
I will come in to him 
and will dine with him, 
and he with Me.

He who overcomes, 
I will grant to him to sit down with Me
 on My throne, as I also overcame 
and sat down with My Father 
on His throne.

He who has an ear, 
let him hear 
what the Spirit says to the churches.’”
*

..."Who is there to harm you 
if you prove zealous for what is good?

But even if you should suffer 
for the sake of righteousness, 
you are blessed. 

And do not fear their intimidation, 
and do not be troubled, 
but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, 
always being ready to make a defense 
to everyone who asks you to give an account 
for the hope that is in you, 
yet with gentleness and reverence;
and keep a good conscience so that in the thing 
in which you are slandered, 
those who revile your good behavior in Christ 
will be put to shame.

For it is better, if God should will it so, 
that you suffer for doing what is right 
rather than for doing what is wrong."...
*

Are You Lukewarm? 
You may need to think deep about your answer.
*

No comments: