Friday, August 18, 2023

"My Precious Older Ladies"....

I have many kinds of precious ladies in my life with one group known to me as "My Precious Older Ladies"...I have written about a few of them in past posts (sorry! no time to search for them for you!)


The LORD lovingly "dropped them" into my lap ~25 years ago and He just kept adding more.  In this recent last decade all but one, Pam, went to be with the LORD.


Praises to the LORD who has given us the hope of new life with Him! 


This week Pam went to be with Him. She was ready to go, but I will miss her...


Pam was my fiesty one who mellowed over time to a sweet woman who gave me wonderful advice, loved me dearly, and always said to me as I left, blowing her kisses: 


"Now remember--take care of Glenn, he is your number one priority!"


I can hear her voice saying this right now...and then she would blow me a kiss...


Pam loved her husband, Charlie, dearly, she loved her children, her grands, and her great-grands. She had a full life on the farm, then as a wife, mother, and a nurse in a big city, retiring and working as a lunch lady at middle school, and then a life of leisure with her Beloved...part of which included playing Hand and Foot Canasta with all my other precious older ladies, plus Charlie, our favorite guy! (This is how I met Pam and Chuck.)


I have many other older ladies now who are precious to me, but the ones which the LORD first gave me will always be my most precious...


Praising the LORD for His provision!


Philippians 4:19-20

 ..."And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. 20 Now to our God and Father be the glory forever and ever. Amen."...

*

The one old adage from Pam's father which I remember now is this: 


"Prepare for the worst - hope for the best - and take whatever comes."

*

No comments: