Saturday, February 23, 2013

Comfort for the weary soul

by Paul Tautges

Psalm 23 is comfort food for the weary soul. 

Read it, meditate on it, and rest in these simple truths.

My Shepherd adequately supplies all of my needs.

My Shepherd is the only sure cause of contentment.

My Shepherd leads me and satisfies my deepest thirst for wholeness.

My Shepherd is the only one who can fully restore the inner person, my soul.

My Shepherd desires my practical holiness and will do whatever it takes to lead me there for the sake of His Name.

My Shepherd never leaves my side and will never forsake me.

My Shepherd provides for my safety; therefore, I have no legitimate cause for fear.

My Shepherd’s rod of discipline and staff of protection both bring me comfort.

My Shepherd abundantly lavishes His grace upon me when the wolves attack.

My Shepherd binds up my broken bones and heals my wounds; His supply and care are abundant.

My Shepherd’s goodness and grace will be by my side from now, until death, and throughout eternity.

“I am the good shepherd. 
I know my own and my own know me, 
just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; 
and I lay down my life for the sheep” 
John 10:14-15

My emphasis


No comments: