Saturday, February 16, 2013

Who am I?

I am forgiven.

I am redeemed.

I am set free.

My chains have fallen off.

My head is lifted up.

I am a child of God.

I am a handmaiden of the LORD.

But...

My sin nature and the evil one taunts me, laughs at me...

Who I use to be...

What kept me from God before...

The evil perpetrated against me...

The unjust treatment against me...

I am misunderstood and slandered...

I am overwhelmed by this pernicious world...

I am heavy under this world's perversion of truth...

And yet...

His mercy shines through.

The Holy Spirit is in me.

I seek His face.

I seek His righteousness.

I have His wisdom.

I have His righteousness.

I have His strength.

I have His covering.

Jesus' blood covers me.

And now - I remember that - 

I am saved and I am safe in Him.

I am forgiven.




No comments: