Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Sometimes I just want to close my eyes #2

Referring to my last post with I Refuse lyrics by Josh Wilson:

Sometimes I am too tired mentally and physically.  Too tired of standing up and doing what I know what God wants me to do. 

I am tired of seemingly being the only one who is noticing false teachers, wrong thinking, bad behavior, or just the simple act of giving encouragements to others.  All of these efforts take lots of time,  and sometimes money.  And I do become tired.  So sometimes I do keep quiet, and I do pretend that everything is a-okay --  when I know deep in my heart it is really not okay at all.

But soon enough I realize that I was wrong, absolutely wrong.  It is probably the next day when I am refreshed with sleep or feeling better in general.  I remember who I am in Christ, and I don't want to live like I don't care!

God uses me, my personality, my abilities, my memories, my wealth of my past, my exuberance of love for Him.  He can take my brokenness, my weaknesses, who I am which makes me - me, and He can use me to reach another person.

What joy it is to live for God and know He is working through me with all of this glorifying His name!   I know I will fail again and again, but with each time He will be teaching me to become more like Himself.  And this is just what I desire most.

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 
who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able
to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort
with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 
For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance,
so also our comfort is abundant through Christ. 
But if we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation;
or if we are comforted, it is for your comfort,
which is effective in the patient enduring of the same sufferings
which we also suffer;  and our hope for you is firmly grounded,
knowing that as you are sharers of our sufferings,
so also you are sharers of our comfort.
2 Corinthians 1:3-7

No comments: