Monday, April 7, 2014

How to Handle Your Sin

With two different messages, Kevin DeYoung, April 4, 2014, teaches us how to handle our sins in the Biblical way.  An excellent post!

You may have already learned this lesson, or maybe you need a refresher course, or you will certainly be able to come alongside someone you know with this advice.

You will be blessed by:

What do you do with your sin? 

Do you want true, lasting comfort for your body and your soul? 

Do you need what you can’t supply? 

Are too lost to find yourself? 

Do you want to cope or do you want to be saved? 

Included are important Biblical thoughts:

“I am not my own.
 
I was bought with a price.
 
I am not in charge.
 
I am not the purpose of my life.
 
I will not find the “true” me. 

I cannot create a better me. 

I need a new me.” 

Kevin DeYoung's post is short and to the point. I will definitely be carrying a reference copy of it with me for any future encounters with people.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: A broken and contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
Psalm 51:17




No comments: