Sunday, February 1, 2015

The Portion of my Inheritance

For me, there is nothing like being really ill to make me want to clean the house.  As soon as I feel better, I need to begin.  This week was one of those times.  

It brought back so many memories of the salmonella outbreak decades ago which caused deaths, closed a dairy business, sent me to the hospital, and overcame my family with different levels of food poisoning.  The day I was released from the hospital I loved up my young family, but after putting everyone in bed that night I was up cleaning the house!  

It must be all that time laying, thinking, and not able to get up!

I now spend my time, healthy or ill, praising the LORD for how He holds me safely in His hands no matter what happens in life.  

As for the salmonella outbreak, I will never forget to glorify God for how He protected my children that week.  We had two little ones, 5 and under, who always drank their milk.  

This week was different, though.  They did not want to drink it, and I never made them; instead, I drank it.  As it turned out, my husband did not drink much of that gallon of milk either so each one of them only had a minor case of food poisoning.  Although I was so ill, in God's grace I recovered and came home ready to get back to being a wife, a mom, and a homemaker.

Psalm 16:5-6

The Lord is the portion of my inheritance and my cup;
You support my lot.

The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places;

Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me.
*


No comments: