Wednesday, February 25, 2015

He is able

I thought of you today… as I so often do.

Today it was the innocence you had which has been lost.  All your childhood was protected and nurtured.  Your love of life, the way you embraced it. 

Much was given to you in the LORD and yet you turned away. 

Legalisms now control you. God is somewhere in your mix, but you can’t and won’t be “confused” with His truth.  Legalisms are your leaders no matter how they contradict the LORD God Almighty.

I will never understand what happened, how it all came about, how you lost your first love, and instead, grasped human legalisms while shunning God’s truth you knew and loved.  

All the analyzing, all the thinking, it only leaves me at the LORD’s merciful feet. 

I trust You, my God and King! 

You who raise the dead! 

You who can carry the walking wounded through a life embroiled in chaos! 

I have seen it! 

I live it! 

So...why do I doubt that You can certainly do more than I can ever imagine in these impossible circumstances?  

LORD, Your mercy over me is precious!
__________________________________________

...when the storms come, it’s important for you and I, not to look back or around or ahead, but to look up! 

We need to pray for God to give us a fresh vision of Jesus, seated on the throne, in control of everything that’s happening. 

Ask Him for His peace in the midst of the storm, His power to make it through, and His perseverance as we remain focused and faithful until we make it through. 

One day the storms of life will be over. We will come to the end of life’s journey, and we will enter into our Heavenly Home where Our Father will welcome us with a long, loving embrace. And we will be safe. Forever.
--Anne Graham Lotz

Ephesians 3:20-21

Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.



No comments: