Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Pickling Snowmen

This year I have made Strawberry Jam, Raspberry Jam, and then I have also "pickled" some Snowmen in my spare time! 

I only began making jam in the last decade, but I have been making snowmen for 20 years and "pickling" them for about 15.  

This is my last batch of them, although, I think I have said this before.  It is time to move on from making "Pickled Snowmen" when you forget who you have given them to in the past!


My jar collection needed to be used!  

This group has already had the trees and snowmen glued, and now waiting to dry for the addition of "snow".
My bigger jars have cloth snowmen.  Some of them have ski poles and others carry baskets full of flowers or a wreath in their arms:
A marathon of making them looks like this when finished:
This is what they look like after I have wrestled them into the jars, and they are ready to find homes:

Why do I do it?

How do I do it? 

I don't know.  

It just comes to me, and then they are finally finished, and gone off to live in their new homes!
Happy Winter!

Praising the LORD for busy hands!

"May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us;
    establish the work of our hands for us—
yes, establish the work of our hands."
Psalm 90:17


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Certainly these pickled snowmen will b keepsakes as deer as yours~ happy Winter!

The Piper's Wife said...

How kind you are :o) They are fun to make and to give away, even to strangers!