Wednesday, December 14, 2016

A Thankful Day

Today is a Thankful Day.  Oh, but yesterday was a very tough day.

Yesterday was no different.  It was a normal day, but my heart’s cry was real, and I felt our agony so very deeply.  There was no reason for me to think and feel it more than usual, but I surely did.

Over and over in my mind I asked “why?”

“Why Why Why Why”

There is no rhyme or reason.  There is no “why”.  It is just -sin- and those who choose to grasp after it.

My job is to seek the LORD’s face, to cry out to Him, not only on tough days but the really good days also.  I can not make anyone not sin, I can not make anyone not choose unjustly.  I can only do my job which is set before me everyday.  The LORD does not look to me to change the sinners.  This is His job.

Today, though, is a THANKFUL DAY.  

Yesterday after all the “whys” to the LORD I turned my focus on Him and then remembered the joys He has given us and the joys He is giving us.  He has never been unfaithful to us.  He has showered us with mercies every day.

Showers of Mercies!

We have never been alone when life was simple and great, and even now when things are tough, He never leaves us alone.  He is our strong tower which we run to and live in.  His  mercies are new every day.

Lamentations 3:22-26
"The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I have hope in Him.”
The Lord is good to those who wait for Him,
To the person who seeks Him.
It is good that he waits silently
For the salvation of the Lord."

Praises to the LORD!


No comments: