Thursday, April 30, 2020

The LORD Abhors Deceit

"He who permits himself 
to tell a lie once, 
finds it much easier 
to do it a second 
and a third time, 
till at length it 
becomes habitual; 
he tells lies 
without attending to it, 
and truths without 
the world's believing him." 

Thomas Jefferson (1785)
*

Psalm 5:1-7

Give ear to my words, 
O Lord,
 
Consider my groaning.

Heed the sound of my cry for help, 
my King and my God,

For to You I pray.

In the morning, O Lord, 
You will hear my voice;

In the morning I will order 
my prayer to You and eagerly watch.

For You are not a God who 
takes pleasure in wickedness;

No evil dwells with You.

The boastful shall not stand 
before Your eyes;

You hate all who do iniquity.

You destroy those who speak falsehood;

The Lord abhors the man of bloodshed and deceit.

But as for me, 
by Your abundant lovingkindness 
I will enter Your house,

At Your holy temple I will bow in reverence for You.
*

No comments: