Friday, April 10, 2015

Sowing in tears

Psalm 126:5-6
Those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting.
He who goes to and fro weeping, carrying his bag of seed,
Shall indeed come again with a shout of joy, 
bringing his sheaves with him.

When you hurt physically or emotionally, it's hard to muster a patient or godly response. Pain has a way of screaming for our undivided attention.  But when you either offer a sacrifice of praise to God in the midst of your hurt, or respond in faith to a heartbreak or hardship[, you are sowing in tears.  Take heart, for one day God will reward you with sheaves of joy---all because you were faithful through tears.

Lord, than You for the hope and help You offer me through my hurt.  Help me to remain faithful even though my tears sometimes blind my way.  May I remember that for every tear, there will be a song of eternal joy!

from Joni's Diamonds in the Dust, April 3


No comments: