Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Strength in my weakness

Who am I?

What can I do?

I live only one day at a time.

Trials and tribulations arise and sometimes every day. Most of these things I have no control over. Some of them I can do things to solve issues.

How do I survive and what is the difference between them?

I do not live in my strength for I have none. The strength I thought I had was only my illusion. Eventually, I began to know and rely on the One and Only, the LORD God Almighty. 

I loved Jesus as my Savior and I finally realized He was always with me, not because it said so in the Bible, but because He actually loved me as His child, just as He loves all of those who choose to accept His saving grace.

My weakness is what I give to Him. I give it to Him saying, I can't do this without His help. As I acquiesce all my life to Him, I then have His strength to carry on in all things.  

All things: small and large

How can I explain this exchange?  

Truly humbling myself before Him, and in my humility I give Him my life, which includes my wrong thinking of being able to do all things by myself. Broken, I truly know I do not have the strength, and literally, I can not fix things in any fashion. I must trust Him, and then I realize that I must wait for His timing.

Any strength in my weakness is all Him! Glory to God in the Highest!

Isaiah 40:27-31
"Why do you say, O Jacob, and assert, O Israel,

“My way is hidden from the Lord,

And the justice due me escapes the notice of my God”?

Do you not know? 
Have you not heard?

The Everlasting God, the Lord, 
the Creator of the ends of the earth

Does not become weary or tired.

His understanding is inscrutable.

He gives strength to the weary,

And to him who lacks might 
He increases power.

Though youths grow weary and tired,

And vigorous young men stumble badly,
Yet those who wait for the Lord

Will gain new strength;

They will mount up with wings like eagles,

They will run and not get tired,

They will walk and not become weary."

1 Corinthians 1:26-31

"For consider your calling, brethren, 
that there were not many wise according to the flesh, 
not many mighty, 
not many noble;
but God has chosen the foolish things 
of the world to shame the wise, 
and God has chosen the weak things 
of the world to shame the things which are strong,
and the base things of the world 
and the despised God has chosen, 
the things that are not, 
so that He may nullify the things that are,
so that no man may boast before God.

But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus,
who became to us wisdom from God, 
and righteousness and sanctification, 
and redemption, so that, just as it is written, 
“Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord.”

*


No comments: